Monday, June 18, 2012

Mediterranean Nachos

So it's been two days, and I promise there will be a post on Brent's deli! But I just had to share this fabulous recipe for nachos that my mother found out of an ad from Ralph's Market. I personally love nachos, but they aren't exactly the healthiest thing for you. These nachos however are made with pita chips and are covered in hummus and vegetables making this recipe a healthier way to snack on an old favorite. We had family over this Father's Day weekend and we made this as an appetizer for everyone. It was a huge success! This recipe is suitable for people of all ages. My family is the proof! Our table consisted of people ages 14 to 86 and they ate this up.


So here is the recipe! For my friends in the Midwest, Ralph's is like our Jewel.
I put all the pita chips in a glass baking pan.
We used two kinds of hummus, roasted red pepper and original (I freaking LOVE hummus)

My mom's lovely hands dabbing hummus on the chips.

This is about how much hummus you should use. You can add more or less depending on your preference.

We topped ours with chopped olives, zucchini, and tomatoes because it has a very Mediterranean feel to it. But if you wanted to you could top it with any vegetable of your choice making this an excellent recipe for picky eaters as you can tailor it to your liking.


Zucchini


Tomatoes
Olives

We topped our nachos with mozzarella but feel free to top it with any kind of cheese you want!
Unfortunately my family consumed these nachos before I could take a picture of the finished result! I can assure you that they were crispy and cheesy, and the vegetables and hummus gave it a really fresh update that made these nachos a perfectly unique appetizer for a perfectly unique family.

I will post again tomorrow! I swear! I blame summer. Keep your eyes peeled for my next post on deli food, home made hummus, and a new kale recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment