Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hi!

For my first post I thought I would share today's experience at the Studio City Farmer's Market. They hold this farmer's market every Sunday and it's really lovely. I started going almost a year ago when my sister started taking riding lessons near by. Even when the weather isn't that nice, it's still full of lush fruits and vegetables and freshly baked bread. Luckily, today the weather was perfect. The farmer's market was packed! But I was able to do some shopping anyway.
I purchased:
Kale
Dapple Dandy Pluots
Raspberry Jewel Pluots
White Nectarines
Nectarine Jam
1 Baguette

Here are some pictures I took while I was there!




Some really amazing powdered sugar art!

Such pretty tomatoes

These eggplants are gorgeous

These are teas!



I bought some of these juicy Dapple Dandy Pluots.
The menu at The Popshop booth


I also got a very delicious lychee flavored popsicle from a very popular popsicle vendor at the market called, The Popshop (http://thepopshoponline.com/). It was everything a popsicle should be: sweet, juicy, and not too icy. And for anyone who likes lychee like me, the flavor did not disappoint! Next time I'd like to try the avocado vanilla.

  

 And they don't just have produce, there are restaurant booths from around the area that range from a tamale booth to an Indian restaurant, as well as handmade jewelry, kids clothing, and woven rugs. For breakfast there is also an excellent french bakery that has a booth. I recommend the pain au chocolat. They also have an area specifically for children, with face painting and pony rides.  Next time I go I know I want to check out the Korean food booth because it smelled amazing.

My next post will be my first time trying to learn how to cook. Keep your eyes peeled! Until then, please enjoy this photo of me from today with a baguette.



The Market is located on Ventura Place between Laurel Canyon Boulevard and Radford Avenue.
Parking is available at CBS Studios located on Radford Avenue and in the Chase Bank parking lot.
http://www.studiocityfarmersmarket.com/HOME.html

3 comments:

  1. I love this! You work that baguette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the blog and your trip to the FM. Let me know if you want help cooking anything! Cooking is one of my favorite things and I've been told I'm not too bad. ; ) I'm happy to teach you techniques or anything you want!

    ReplyDelete